Self-Love and Self Confidence with Overland |True Health 4ever Podcast Ep. 82
Listen to the Podcast Here
- If you're dealing with someone who exhibits those characteristics or has attempted to do so (suicide). Avoid making them feel insane, but also avoid feeling as if you are the only one who can save them; as a family, we discovered that we couldn't save him since he had already made the decision, but it does not mean that our entire family line is a bunch of people who want to commit suicide. (Top takeaway from Overland Afo)
- Sometimes we have that desire and, knowing that we are destined for more, we want to help others, but it's all too easy to jump the gun and notice the healing in others, even to the point of running away from your own healing.
- Heal yourself first before even trying to heal anyone else.
- Practice what you preach
- Prayer helps to stay in tuned with yourself and surroundings
- Over confidence can become cockiness (confidence with a high level of annoyance)
- Your identity is what you make it now. Don’t rely on any type of relationship to define who you are as an individual
- The healthy way to go into any relationship is knowing who you are first and foremost that way you can tell and you can know is this person making me do stuff that I don't believe in that or doesn't match with my values.
- A little discussion or friction in the relationship creates movement, progress and a step forward for you to have as partners and as individuals.
[03:53] Overland Afo
[06:03] How people value others
[06:18] I am Agape Love- Guest explains and dives deeper into her biography
[07:49] What Is the Way That You Help People in Preventing Suicide
[08:22] How to save a Life
[08:47] What the Training Says
[09:11] Running Away from My Own Healing
[11:27] How Do You Help People Make That Choice
[13:53] sometimes we have that desire
[19:57] Confidence: The Right Kind
[20:00] What Is Cocky and What Is Not
[23:00] assessment by www.flyassessment.com explained
[24:26] Over committing
[25:19] Command Vs Demand
[27:31] Overland’s Community Work
[31:52] Recipes from Overland
[36:00] Who You Are: Beautiful nuggets from Overland about knowing your true self even when you are in a relationship
[37:40] The Healthy Way to Go Into Any Relationship: Devon and Sinclair share their thoughts and experiences.
[45:28] First client of Sinclair
- Stop allowing others define your true self; stop living in the shadow of your past mistakes; stop trying to please others and living according to their expectations.
- Believe in the Power of prayer: believing that what I’m praying for is going to happen believing that if it doesn't happen that god has something greater
- Avoid over committing: It’ll give you burnout
- Know the difference between command and demand
- It’s best to know yourself and what you are capable of, along with the values you have before entering into a relationship
- Do not lead without doing the work
- Know the roles that you play inside the relationship
“Sometimes we have that feeling that we're meant for more’’ – Sinclair theee Health Nerd
“We are our own masterpieces. Every day we're working on ourselves, and every time that you try to heal somebody else, you're distracting yourself from your own work.” – De'Von Truvel
“It's all too easy to notice the healing in others, even to the point of running away from your own healing.” – Sinclair theee Health Nerd
“Sometimes people value others based on what they do and not who they are” – TH4
“If you're dealing with somebody that has those tendencies or has attempted Suicide. Don't make them feel crazy but at the same time don't feel like you are the one to save them because what we learned as a family is we couldn't save him because he already made the decision but it doesn't mean that our entire family line is a bunch of people that want to commit suicide” – Overland Afo
“Stop letting yourself have everybody define who you are, stop living in your mistakes trying to please everybody, and stop living by their expectations” – Overland Afo
“Power of prayer: believing that what I’m praying for is going to happen and believing that if it doesn't happen that god has something greater” – Overland Afo
“Have confidence in who you are in the relationship and who you are outside the relationship ” – De'Von Truvel
“You need friction to move forward.It's okay for there to be a little bit of a friction because that means there's force, and the force with push your marriage forward. " – TH4
- I Am Love: Agape Love Series Book by Marlo Mann
- The War of Art: Break Through the Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles Book by Steven Pressfield