Ep. 89 Starting a Business With Your Spouse
Entrepreneurship is a journey full of highs and lows. Having someone you love and trust along for the ride could help make things easier, but it can also make things more complicated. Should You start a business with your partner? Should you mix love and business? Join Sinclair Theee Health Nerd and De'Von Truvel creator of Black Wall Street the Board Game as they talk about their journey of starting a growing a business together, things they have learned along the way, and mistakes to avoid. Join live and ask questions!
Listen to the Full Episode Here
- Have active communication with your partner
- Determine your core values and practices of your relationship
- Build trust
- you need to have the type of relationship where you can hold each other accountable
- You have to be in a space with your partner to wherein you like being around that person. Otherwise, if you are in a place where you can't stand to be around that person or something about that person bothers you. Understand that those things that bother you are going to be prevalent in the business relationship as well
- Your marriage has expenses you might as well get the tax deductions that having a real business will give you.
- The hardest part for Sinclair was figuring out like what her contribution was going to be in the business.
- Know your partner’s love language and also apply that to your business relationship
- You have to get really good at setting the boundaries of when is business time and when is pleasure romantic time or just chill time
- Establish work hours (business hours) so you have a clear line between your role as lovers and as business partners.
- If you communicate with each other and you know that now you can use it to your advantage in the relationship and the business
- Identify what is your past trauma
- Did You Know?
- Did you know that physical touch with another human being can help lower your blood pressure?
- Ask DeClair
- How Do You Fill Your Partner's Cup?
- Answer from De’Von
- okay you know you have a cup and what if you're filling the cup up with water with coconut water with juice, with love whatever it is but at the bottom there are holes. as you're filling it's literally just draining, this person's cup will never be completely full so the way that I interpreted that question is How Do You Fill Someone's Cup While Also Healing them?
- Answer from Sinclair Theee Health Nerd
- The first step is identifying what the leak is? what is what is the hole there for? who put the hole there?
- everybody got some form of trauma figure out what you as a partner can do to help patch that hole to help heal that person.
- Don’t take it personally, allow them to heal on their own.
05:57 The Foundation To Start A Business
15:00 Why Should You Start Your Business
16:38 The Hardest Thing About Starting A Business
20:20 The power of Delegating
24:53 Pros and Cons
25:58 Knowing how to communicate
30:15 Congratulations Sinclair
35:56 Motivations for Freeing the Queen
38:00 Did You Know
40:45 Get some physical touch
41:12 Ask Declair : How Do You Fill Your Partner's Cup?
46:08 Practical Next Step That You Can Do
50:32 Determine Your Audience
- “If you are going to start a business together, you need to have the type of relationship where you can hold each other accountable” – Sinclair Theee Health Nerd
- “I am a strong believer that every married couple should have a business” – De’Von Truvel
- “Because I know my Queen likes to operate, I’m getting better at not necessarily lowering the dream but at making sure that the dream has steps” – De’Von Truvel
- “What makes me feel good about a plan is knowing not only the destination but the how we're gonna get there?” – Sinclair Theee Health Nerd
- “Everybody's got some form of trauma; we all have demons that we’re facing. Find a partner that helps you heal.” – Sinclair Theee Health Nerd
True Health 4ever @truehealth4ever
Play Black Wall Street @playblackwallst
Play Black Wall Street the Board Game playblackwallstreet.com
The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter & Miracles Book by Bruce Lipton
For Coaching Reach Us at:
Health Coaching @theeehealthnerd or email@example.com
Business Coaching @investindevonwalker or firstname.lastname@example.org